Miss Universe Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”).
2. The promotional competition is open to all residents of South Africa only in possession of a valid identity document over the age of 18.
3. The promotional competition is not open to any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
4. Any participant under the age of 18 years must be fully assisted by his/her guardian, who approves of and consents to the participant’s participation in the competition and the participant’s receipt/possession of the prize.
5. By participating in this competition participants agree to receive future marketing material from the brand/s on promotion. However, the participant has the right to unsubscribe to receiving marketing material or request the promoter to delete their information by contacting the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department or opting out from any electronic marketing message.
7. This promotional competition is open from 1 June 2020 and ends at Midday, on 5 June 2020. Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
8. To enter, Participants will be required to engage with Aromat’s Facebook, Instagram or Twitter social media platforms, in order to enter the competition. Entrants are required to answer the following questions, as well as incorporate the competition hashtag #ATasteofMzansi in order to finalize their entry:
a. What is your favourite Aromat Mzansi inspired meal?
b. What is the one question we should ask Zozi?
9. Participants may enter as many times as they wish, it’s important that they incorporate the competition hashtag, #ATasteofMzansi as well as answer the stipulated questions.
10. The prize is a 30 (thirty) minute virtual dinner with Miss Universe, Zozi Tunzi. Participants will join the virtual dinner via an exclusive Zoom link.
11. Only people that live with you in your home can attend the dinner party – no outside guests for obvious COVID-19 reasons:
a. You will be required to cook a Mzansi meal that uses Aromat to give Zozi a real taste home.
b. Images of you, the guests at your table, your meal and conversation will be used for promotional purposes.
c. Make sure you have a canister of Aromat handy on your table, to shake things up.
12. Any Prize not taken up for any reason within one week of notification will be forfeited.
13. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash or transferable.
14. At the end of the competition, 12 (eleven) participants will be selected to join the virtual dinner with Miss Universe. The virtual dinner will be split into 2 (two) sessions, therefore there will be 6 (six) winners per session.
15. The 12 (eleven) winners will be selected based on the most unique, creative and humorous answers provided, as well as the consistent use of the competition hashtag.
16. All Winners will be required to provide their name, ID number, Copy of their identity document, contact details and to sign an acknowledgment of receipt of the prize.
17. The promoter’s (or their agent’s) judges decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
18. All winners will be notified via email where the winner will be required to verify their details. The Promoter (or their agent) will attempt to contact the prize winners for 2 consecutive days after their name has been drawn. If the Prize Winner cannot be contacted during this period, the Prize will be forfeited and another Winner will be selected in accordance with the rules.
DELIVERY OF PRIZE
19. The winners will receive an email notifying them that they have won the competition. More information regarding the virtual dinner etiquette and a participation brief will be shared with the winners via email.
20. The main prize will consist of the following:
a. A 30 (thirty) minute virtual Dinner with Miss Universe, Zozi Tunzi.
21. The Miss Universe Virtual Dinner will take place on Friday 12 June 2020.
22. Should the Winner be unable to redeem the Prize during the specified dates, the Prize shall be forfeited and another Winner may be selected in accordance with the above rules.
23. The Prize excludes:
a. Coverage of data bundles to join the Zoom call
b. Coverage of airtime costs to join the Zoom call
c. Food and beverage costs incurred through preparation and serving of food and drink.
d. Reimbursement of any data bundles or airtime depleted, as a result of joining the Zoom call
e. Any additional expenses outside of the prize will be on the winners expense, as the promoter won’t be liable for those expenses.
24. A participant brief and virtual dinner etiquette brief will be supplied to the Winner.
25. The Winner will be required to sign an Indemnity and Media Release forms
26. A copy of these rules can be found on the following website www.aromat.co.za throughout the period of the competition or can be obtained from the Consumer Call Centre on telephone number 0860 572861.
27. Failure to claim the Prize or a refusal or inability to supply required documentation or comply with any of the competition requirements within 4 days will disqualify the Winner and a new Winner will be drawn in terms of these rules.
28. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
29. The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
30. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
31. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
32. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
33. NOTE: Any attempt to use multiple email, cell phone or Facebook accounts or other tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries and/or votes will be void.
Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries or votes by any means that subvert the entry/voting process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry/votes and may disqualify the entrant.
34. The prize is not exchangeable for cash and is not transferable.
35. The Promoter reserves the right to use the images taken of the Winner for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without remuneration being made payable to the Winner. However, the Winner has the right to object to these images being used by written notification to the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department.
36. The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
37. In the event that the Prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize of equal value.
38. Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant or the Winner.
39. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
40. Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
41. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to Facebook.
42. All participants in this Competition release Facebook from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
43. This promotional competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to telephone networks.
44. All participants in this competition release Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
45. The Promoter reserves the right to delete any information uploaded by a participant which the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, believes is illegal, obscene, offensive or defamatory, or infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or is otherwise inappropriate for a campaign designed for mass audience entertainment.
46. Participants warrant that they have full rights to the images and stories that they upload and that the use of the said material shall not constitute a breach of any third party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
47. Participants agree that by uploading their “images” and/or stories, they grant permission to the Promoter to use the images or stories or any part thereof, in any and all media for promotional / marketing purposes with no consideration payable to the participants.