What you’ll need
SERVES: 4 PEOPLE
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
- 6 Eggs
- 6 Sausages (or boerewors), sausage filling pushed out
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) of Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Cake Flour, for dusting
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- ½ Cup Breadcrumbs
- Cooking Oil, for frying
- Aromat Original
How to do it
- Place the eggs with the shells still on into a pot of boiling water. Reduce the heat and simmer until the eggs are hard boiled – this should take about 9 minutes.
- Drain the eggs and allow it to cool. Peel the shells off under running cold water and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix the sausage filling with the parsley.
- Divide the sausage mixture into four and shape it into flat patties that can fit around each egg.
- Work the sausage meat around each egg as evenly as possible ensuring there are no cracks, then place it in fridge to set for about 10 minutes.
- Dust each egg lightly in flour and then dip it into the beaten egg. Cover it with breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry turning frequently until the eggs are golden brown all round.
- Remove the eggs from the oil and drain it on a paper towel. Season generously with Aromat Original.
For more delicious recipes from Aromat, click the link here.